Guarantee and Warranty
2 Year Guarantee
All our wooden bedframes and wooden furniture carry a 2 year guarantee against faulty workmanship and/or faulty materials.
5 Year Warranty
If your products are delivered and assembled by our dedicated Home Delivery and Assembly Team, they are covered by our 5 year warranty. Please ensure you retain your signed and dated Home Assembly Document as proof.
From 2017 all Mattresses and other 'soft' accessories are covered by a five year guarantee against faulty workmanship and/or faulty materials.
What do we cover?
In the unhappy event of you experiencing a problem with your Stompa product, we will endeavour to replace or repair, free of charge, any faulty parts due to manufacturing fault within the timeframes and under the terms as mentioned above.
What we don't cover
This guarantee and warranty does not cover fair wear and tear, neglect, abuse or misuse of your Goods, loss or damage due to unreasonable exposure to water or weather; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, sunlight or accidental damage or loss caused by a third party.
White Finish Products
These products are made from a combination of solid pine and mdf with a whitewash lacquered finish. We use high quality, solid Scandinavian pine within the construction which is a natural product that contains knots. These knots contain resin which, during the natural ageing process, causes them to darken. Exposure to direct or indirect sunlight will hasten this natural process and this cannot be seen as a manufacturing fault. We take every step to ensure we properly dry and pre-treat our timber to obtain the best lacquering finish to minimise knot discolouration.
All pine products in the home that are commonly painted white (including skirting boards, window frames and window sills) can exhibit this knot discolouration requiring 'touching up' in the affected areas from time to time. Our white painted beds are no different. Should you experience this issue. we can supply a small 'touch up' paint pot upon request.
We are unable to offer repair or replacement where a product has become defective outside the UK.
We guarantee our products have been manufactured to current safety standards for domestic use and comply to all current EU entrapment and safety standards.
This Guarantee and Warranty does not affect your statutory consumer rights.
What To Do If You Wish To Make A Claim?
- Wipe clean with a soft damp cloth. Never use scourers abrasives or chemical cleaners.
- As with all furniture, our beds can be damaged by knocks and scrapes. If you dent the surface or break the seal of the lacquer (Classic Kids Range, Honey Coloured Pine Only) rub some solid wax into the dent to exclude atmospheric moisture.
- Pine is a totally natural material, therefore no two pieces are ever identical in pattern or colour. Over time, solid wood will darken and mellow, a process that will add beauty and warmth to your furniture as it ages. Exposure to direct and indirect sunlight will hasten this process. As a result, new pieces may look a shade different to those you already have. This variation is normal and the colour difference will diminish over a period of time.
- Similarly, areas that have been concealed for some time by a lamp or vase, for example, will likely be lighter than the surrounding areas. To minimize these differences, it is recommended that lamps and other decorative items be moved periodically so that the aging process will be equalized. Also take care not to subject your furniture to extreme heat or place directly next to a radiator.
- IMPORTANT. Stompa beds are not designed to be jumped on and designed specifically for use by children. Although our beds and mattresses are tested to withstand more we recommend a weight limit of approximately 70kg. We recommend periodic retightening of the constructional fittings with the Allen key left by our fitters.
- Dragging the bed puts additional strain on the joints and fixing points. If you need to move the bed to clean for example, try to slightly lift the bed with help from another person.
In order to proceed with a claim, you will need a copy of your purchase receipt.
If you used our Home Assembly Service you will need a copy of your signed and dated Home Assembly Document.
You can contact us in the following ways:Telephone:
01943 608775 - Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pmFax:
01943 817870Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAddress:
Stompa, High Rigg, Panorama Drive, Ilkley, West Yorkshire, LS29 9RA